marlenestclair

quality posts: 11 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:We didn't have time to celebrate our anniversary yesterday so we're going out tonight.

Curious: do any of your kids remember your anniversary? Even just to say "Happy Anniversary." My sister and I always got our parents a gift of some kind on their anniversary but evidently we were in the minority.

My daughter does, son not so much. What floors me is that my mother in law never remembers, nor does she know how long we have been married (32 years in July). We have been married longer than any of her 4 marriages. Or any of her other kids marriages. Yep I am boasting and yep I think she does it on purpose.

x9

This space for rent.

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell

happy anniversary Poof!!

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:My daughter does, son not so much. What floors me is that my mother in law never remembers, nor does she know how long we have been married (32 years in July). We have been married longer than any of her 4 marriages. Or any of her other kids marriages. Yep I am boasting and yep I think she does it on purpose.

my youngest son's bday is 8 days after mine. inlaws will send him a card (arrived on my bday one year) but never remember me or mine. in fact, when we were expecting him they said "oh good, we don't have any February birthdays" :P

pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:my youngest son's bday is 8 days after mine. inlaws will send him a card (arrived on my bday one year) but never remember me or mine. in fact, when we were expecting him they said "oh good, we don't have any February birthdays" :P

Wow, what a slap.
My mother-in-law always sent a card, as did my mother. My sister sends a card and calls. We get a birthday card from the son and the grandkids when they have us for our birthday dinner. The other son calls us for our birthdays and within a few weeks takes us out.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:happy anniversary Poof!!

Thank you. 48

pooflady

Just read in the paper that an Ohio middle school was closed because a thermometer was broken in a classroom. The whole school! We used to play with mercury.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Wow, what a slap.
My mother-in-law always sent a card, as did my mother. My sister sends a card and calls. We get a birthday card from the son and the grandkids when they have us for our birthday dinner. The other son calls us for our birthdays and within a few weeks takes us out.

My in-laws are doing good if they remember the kids, or my husband for that matter. I think my MIL has remembered mine once or twice in the 15 years. My FIL (in-laws are divorced) doesn't even remember Christmas every year so we all just consider it nice if he remembers any of us at any point in a given year.

In-laws have been an extra challenge the last couple years. It's really upsetting Orcrist. He pretty much feels abandoned by his family and despite his best efforts no one seems to care or connect with him or us. Now his sister is in and out of hospitals making it worse and his parents seem to have abandoned her as well, because they are just tired of caring for her. He wants to take on the challenge, because he can't bear to think of her abandoned, but honestly, we have not resources for it (doesn't mean we won't we've already started trying to get her to move closer so we can keep a physical eye on her).

My folks are always prompt with a signed card, no personalization, but at least they remember everyone. My grandma sends them as well, although I know my mom helps with that.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Thank you. 48

Congrats to you and poofguy!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Congrats to you and poofguy!

Thank you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1003 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Just read in the paper that an Ohio middle school was closed because a thermometer was broken in a classroom. The whole school! We used to play with mercury.

I remember playing with mercury as well. So fun. Who knew I could have possibly died.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Wow, what a slap.

Well she wasn't thrilled about her boy getting married. We only knew each other a few weeks before we got married LOL...and he was sending her money to help her out (which he found out she spent on bowling lessons), which he stopped because we got an apartment....yadda, yadda.

x9

This space for rent.

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Well she wasn't thrilled about her boy getting married. We only knew each other a few weeks before we got married LOL...and he was sending her money to help her out (which he found out she spent on bowling lessons), which he stopped because we got an apartment....yadda, yadda.

bowling lessons? bwahahahaha!!!

mbspell

this new pokemon event is GREAT!!

double exp, better stuff in eggs, woo hoo!

I am going to hit level 34 tonight!

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada

Happy birthday D'name, happy anniversary Poof and happy Easter everyone! That is all, carry on.

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

Yes, HAPPY EASTER everyone.

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev

Wishing everyone a very happy Easter! Hope you get to do the things that make you happy today!

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

mbspell

hope you all have a blessed Easter!

pooflady

Hope everyone had a good Easter. We went to niece's with extended family. 39 people. Niece did a great job. Fortunately the storms held off until after the kids' egg hunt and dinner. Adults' egg hunt had to be inside.

Taking three grandkids to see Beauty & the Beast this afternoon. I've set aside about $100 for it by the time popcorn and drinks are bought. At least at this theater the popcorn and drinks are unlimited.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Hope everyone had a good Easter. We went to niece's with extended family. 39 people. Niece did a great job. Fortunately the storms held off until after the kids' egg hunt and dinner. Adults' egg hunt had to be inside.

Taking three grandkids to see Beauty & the Beast this afternoon. I've set aside about $100 for it by the time popcorn and drinks are bought. At least at this theater the popcorn and drinks are unlimited.

Poof, that sounds like great fun! It will be worth it, because the grandkids will remember when Grandma took them to see Beauty & The Beast.

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Poof, that sounds like great fun! It will be worth it, because the grandkids will remember when Grandma took them to see Beauty & The Beast.

I hope so. Personally, don't tell anybody, I didn't think it was all that great. $63, but I forgot to ask for the $2 senior discount.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:I hope so. Personally, don't tell anybody, I didn't think it was all that great. $63, but I forgot to ask for the $2 senior discount.

DOH!

I still remember when my Grandma took me to see Herbie The Love Bug in the early 70's.

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:DOH!

I still remember when my Grandma took me to see Herbie The Love Bug in the early 70's.

I think my first movie was Bambi in the early '50s. My mom and my aunt took me.

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:bowling lessons? bwahahahaha!!!

Meanwhile, we were starving, trying to make ends meet....so we cut her off. Muhahahaha!

x9

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:Poof, that sounds like great fun! It will be worth it, because the grandkids will remember when Grandma took them to see Beauty & The Beast.

Kids are so lucky if they have grandparents. My 2 grandmothers were very old and house-bound. My grandfathers had passed. Today my kids still have their 1 grandmother and great-grandmother, both still active!

x9

This space for rent.

pooflady

I have a hard time believing Staples does a price match with Amazon. I just saved $14 on one toner cartridge. And I still get my Rewards points.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:I have a hard time believing Staples does a price match with Amazon. I just saved $14 on one toner cartridge. And I still get my Rewards points.

Hey good for you!!

x9

This space for rent.

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Kids are so lucky if they have grandparents. My 2 grandmothers were very old and house-bound. My grandfathers had passed. Today my kids still have their 1 grandmother and great-grandmother, both still active!

I agree. I was lucky enough to have all my grandparents in the next town. saw them all the time growing up. my husband never met either of his grandfathers and both his grandmothers passed before I met him. that's part of the reason I stayed local while my kids were young. I wanted them to be able to be close to their grandparents.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1003 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I have a hard time believing Staples does a price match with Amazon. I just saved $14 on one toner cartridge. And I still get my Rewards points.

Best Buy does too.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

I need to check that out. We have a color laser printer and if we need to buy all cartridges at once, it can be over $300. Luckily we don't need them too often.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:I need to check that out. We have a color laser printer and if we need to buy all cartridges at once, it can be over $300. Luckily we don't need them too often.

That's why I had to get a new printer fast. I put the three color cartridges in in February and they were gone last week. Way too fast. No point in buying more of them if they're only going to last a couple months. Should be at least a year for the colors.

And with this printer I can use the X cartridges. They cost a little more but you get a lot more pages out of them.

moles1138

mbspell wrote:I agree. I was lucky enough to have all my grandparents in the next town. saw them all the time growing up. my husband never met either of his grandfathers and both his grandmothers passed before I met him. that's part of the reason I stayed local while my kids were young. I wanted them to be able to be close to their grandparents.

We lived within a half mile of both sets of grandparents. It wasn't supposed to be that way (long story) but we got to see them often. Maternal grandmother was a sweet little lady that had polio when she was young and often had pneumonia. She passed in '90 when I was 27. Grandpa went 2 years later. Oogie never got to meet either. Dad's dad was a tough guy. He'd worked a little in the WV coal mines then came to Akron. He worked many years for the Highway Department until the forced him to retire at 72. He was 85 and cut down a large tree himself. And then he gad a minor stroke that was enough that he needed a walker. I loved my paternal grandmother. She loved to talk. Until she had a major stroke and needed a feeding tube. She was completely bedridden for the next 8 years. In the meantime grandpa had a series of strokes that finally took him. I got to see him in hospice to say goodbye. Grandma went later and I was never sure why she stuck around that long.
Some great memories.
The last time my maternal grandmother saw me was right after I'd been in "The World's Largest Pie Fight" so I had Redi-whip spiking my hair.
I remember dad's mom coming back from a wedding reception drunk.

mbspell

pokemon event ended at 4 pm today. made the most of it...

hope I can walk tomorrow!

moles1138

By pure coincidence, my brother sent this pic to me today. This was the first pie fight I was in. Downtown Akron Ohio 1989...

That's my friend Mike in the tux.

pooflady

Saw Going in Style today, laughed a lot.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Saw Going in Style today, laughed a lot.

I want to see that! I hope it's still on when we are on vacation (week after next). No time to go before then.

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:I want to see that! I hope it's still on when we are on vacation (week after next). No time to go before then.

Are you going away?

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Are you going away?

Yes! Next Saturday we leave for the Outer Banks of North Carolina!

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Yes! Next Saturday we leave for the Outer Banks of North Carolina!

Oooh, fun!

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Oooh, fun!

I hope so...just me and my mom...no big plans, just relaxing. We are spending a few days in Williamsburg, VA as well.

We can usually make it RAIN when we go on vacation...but we have fun anyway.

x9

mbspell

hot72chev wrote:I hope so...just me and my mom...no big plans, just relaxing. We are spending a few days in Williamsburg, VA as well.

We can usually make it RAIN when we go on vacation...but we have fun anyway.

my vacations are always kamikaze style. go! go! go! all day, every day! I could use a relaxing vacation about now.