Top 4% of Computers Woots
Top 11% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 1% of Computers Woots
Top 5% of all Woots

Quality Posts

tc1uscg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages tc1uscg

4G LTE 10 band wireless modem with HSPA+, HSDPA, and EDGE/GPRS fallback (Note: Cellular service is not included. Service by AT&T)

So, does anyone find it interesting this is HIDDEN deep in the SPEC's page and it's failed to be mentioned in the FEATURES page? A little deceptive since it's boasted to have LTE abilities in it's title, but you have to kinda dig for it. Back in the day, you use to be able to get older models with 3G service FREE. I'd say something like the above should be plastered in the FEATURES page under the 4G/LTE section. Just a thought.

TC1 USCG Ret

hloyallen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hloyallen

How annoying are the "Special Offers"?

rimerson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rimerson

I guess I need an AT&T account. I don't have a cell phone. Does this connect to wi-fi?

warhol101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warhol101

Yup, from the specs tab, it does have WiFi as well as LTE capabilities.

Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks

rimerson wrote:I guess I need an AT&T account. I don't have a cell phone. Does this connect to wi-fi?

beagleboy99

quality posts: 8 Private Messages beagleboy99
hloyallen wrote:How annoying are the "Special Offers"?

Not very intrusive at all-just on the lock screen, and some are actually good deals. Certainly not like some websites that are plastered with ads. If you really can't stand them you used to be able to pay Amazon $15 to turn them off, but I'm not sure if they still do that. You really won't be bothered by them though.

rimerson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rimerson
warhol101 wrote:Yup, from the specs tab, it does have WiFi as well as LTE capabilities.

Thanks. Just wanted a confirmation.

camzakcamzak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages camzakcamzak
rimerson wrote:I guess I need an AT&T account. I don't have a cell phone. Does this connect to wi-fi?

I purchased one last time from woot. They're actually unlocked. You can eject the micro-sim, put in a T-Mobile sim, enter some APN settings (google it) and then activate via browser. T-Mobile even offers a plan that has 200MB of data for life for free...amongst many other plans.