Order Pace (rank):
Top 7% of Computers Woots
Top 16% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 5% of Computers Woots
Top 13% of all Woots

searchneverend

quality posts: 4 Private Messages searchneverend

Check Amazon for reviews, no wonder there are so many returns are available. There are constant connection drops with this router. It's $200 of paper weight

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1AV3ICP7QCJUL/?

[MOD: Wrong model]

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd?

davywally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davywally

swvaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swvaboy
searchneverend wrote:Check Amazon for reviews, no wonder there are so many returns are available. There are constant connection drops with this router. It's $200 of paper weight

It may be a paperweight; but from reading the reviews it is only people still buying Apple products having the problems. Almost 95% of the posts were i-somethings.

[MOD: Link was to wrong model]

arkanisca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arkanisca

I bought one of these a month ago from newegg - never experienced a connection drop yet. I can max out my 300Mbps connection over wireless....

catamount1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catamount1
searchneverend wrote:Check Amazon for reviews, no wonder there are so many returns are available. There are constant connection drops with this router. It's $200 of paper weight

Your link isn't for this model and is actually for a model that is about half the value. The EA9500 has over 2,500 reviews and is 4.5 out of 5.

bsmith1

quality posts: 142 Private Messages bsmith1

I bought this during the woot-off to replace the Linksys AC1900 I got from woot way back in May 2015. The AC1900 still works fine, but the 5ghz band has gotten slow recently. Not sure if network congestion or what. I tried tweaking things to make sure it was only allowing AC speeds on that band, but that didn't help.

Super excited to get more range and more speed with the AC5400. I love that it has 2 USB ports (one for network printer, one for network USB drive) and 8 ethernet ports vs 4 is another huge upgrade for me. I currently have a network switch that adds a few ports that I then connect to my in-home network patch panel/board/whatever. With 8 built-in ports, I'll be able to hook up the data connection in almost every room without the need for the switch. (I'll probably still find a reason to need more though!)

It should get here soon and then begins the fun of setting up all the port forwarding and such to make everything work.

Now I just need to figure out a way to keep the squirrels from chewing on the cable line outside the house! I found out that had caused some other slowness and reliability issues recently. Friggin' squirrels.

dhagood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhagood

Just ordered a new one from Costco for 249, which included a USB MU-MIMO Adapter. If I don't love it, I can return it to Local store.