Back to Amazon.com

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
mbspell wrote:sales rep for androgel stopped in pharmacy today (hey guys, there's an app for that!). asked if my blue hair was for halloween. uh, no. (if it was, would I still have it 10 days later?) so he says, oh, you just wanted it that color?

SIGH

I say yes, I like it. he says, oh, well, it looks nice. LMAO what an idiot!

Who cares what he thought about your hair, what did he bring for you? When I worked in doctors practices, we always liked when the drug reps came; donuts, lunch, toys, it was like Christmas!

My dogs like me, that is important.

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
edlada wrote:Who cares what he thought about your hair, what did he bring for you? When I worked in doctors practices, we always liked when the drug reps came; donuts, lunch, toys, it was like Christmas!

nothing!! he had handouts for patients and not even a pen for me!!

pooflady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:nothing!! he had handouts for patients and not even a pen for me!!

So much for pushing his product. His numbers should go down in your store.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady

We all go to my sister-in-law's for Thanksgiving. I make the pies. But when you do that, there's no leftovers. So I've always had the kids and grandkids over the Sunday after for leftovers. Unfortunately, I have to make the leftovers. Roasting a dozen turkey thighs today. I'll freeze the meat. Then I'll do one or two turkey breasts for the few white meat eaters. Stuffing and more pies. They'll bring stuff. One son fries bacon for club sandwiches.

edlada

mbspell wrote:nothing!! he had handouts for patients and not even a pen for me!!

Wow, terrible! He would be dead to me.

mbspell

edlada wrote:Wow, terrible! He would be dead to me.

yeah, all his handouts went in the trash!

mbspell

pooflady wrote:So much for pushing his product. His numbers should go down in your store.

well, he sells Androgel (testosterone gel, brand name) so his market is pretty small

pooflady

pooflady

Thanks husband (Marine), son (Air Force), Edlada (Army), AZ (Army), and any others around here that I don't know about.

I'm a day early, but that's okay.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:well, he sells Androgel (testosterone gel, brand name) so his market is pretty small

possibly not the only thing about him that is small.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Thanks husband (Marine), son (Air Force), Edlada (Army), AZ (Army), and any others around here that I don't know about.

I'm a day early, but that's okay.

Tanks Poof!

mbspell

no1 wrote:possibly not the only thing about him that is small.

BOOM!!! take that pharmaceutical rep guy!!

pooflady

Went to see Murder on the Orient Express today. Pretty good but I had a little problem understanding some of the accents. My hearing problem.

I went to a new theater that serves food and has recliner seats. I thoroughly enjoyed the recliner seats. I decided to try ordering food. My mistake. Just popcorn and a Coke. Huuuuuge bucket of popcorn and it wasn't every good; needed more butter. $14 and change. Cha-ching!

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Went to see Murder on the Orient Express today. Pretty good but I had a little problem understanding some of the accents. My hearing problem.

I went to a new theater that serves food and has recliner seats. I thoroughly enjoyed the recliner seats. I decided to try ordering food. My mistake. Just popcorn and a Coke. Huuuuuge bucket of popcorn and it wasn't every good; needed more butter. $14 and change. Cha-ching!

they never put enough butter on movie theater popcorn

pooflady

mbspell wrote:they never put enough butter on movie theater popcorn

The theater we usually go to, you put your own butter on. Actually, you fix your own popcorn. I usually fill the container halfway, add butter and salt, repeat. Husband sometimes gets carried away. One time he had butter leaking out of the bottom of the container. He learned his lesson.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:The theater we usually go to, you put your own butter on. Actually, you fix your own popcorn. I usually fill the container halfway, add butter and salt, repeat. Husband sometimes gets carried away. One time he had butter leaking out of the bottom of the container. He learned his lesson.

wow, I never heard of that! I do remember the AMC had butter dispensers (my trick was to put a straw on the butter nozzle & then halfway into popcorn bucket to get butter in the middle). that's a fantastic idea, to make it how you like it.

we prefer to go to a small local theater that uses real butter. and then we eat WAY too much popcorn.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
no1 wrote:parkaaaaaay.

land o' lakes

edlada

I booked my plane tickets to come to the US. I will come in May. I got a flight from Berlin to Newark, NJ, then on to Cleveland, OH and my rental car. that's the first time I didn't have to change planes somewhere in Europe on the way, since I've been here in Poland. I'm happy about that, one less airport and all of the hassles. When I lived in Germany I was only an hour from Frankfurt and there are plenty of direct flight to the US from there. Berlin, not so much. Hardly any, actually.

I will stay almost 2 months, I want to spend some time (and money) on the new grand sprouts. I waited because I don't want to fly to that part of the country in the middle of the winter (babies are due Jan/Feb) and I want my daughter and her husband to have a little time with their new family alone before I barge in. I am looking forward to it.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

Ed, that sounds WONDERFUL! Truly something to look forward to!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:wow, I never heard of that! I do remember the AMC had butter dispensers (my trick was to put a straw on the butter nozzle & then halfway into popcorn bucket to get butter in the middle). that's a fantastic idea, to make it how you like it.

we prefer to go to a small local theater that uses real butter. and then we eat WAY too much popcorn.

I think I could eat my weight in popcorn. It's always been a favorite food of mine.

x12

pooflady

edlada wrote:I booked my plane tickets to come to the US. I will come in May. I got a flight from Berlin to Newark, NJ, then on to Cleveland, OH and my rental car. that's the first time I didn't have to change planes somewhere in Europe on the way, since I've been here in Poland. I'm happy about that, one less airport and all of the hassles. When I lived in Germany I was only an hour from Frankfurt and there are plenty of direct flight to the US from there. Berlin, not so much. Hardly any, actually.

I will stay almost 2 months, I want to spend some time (and money) on the new grand sprouts. I waited because I don't want to fly to that part of the country in the middle of the winter (babies are due Jan/Feb) and I want my daughter and her husband to have a little time with their new family alone before I barge in. I am looking forward to it.

You're going to have such a wonderful time. They'll be laughing at you by then.

moles1138

edlada wrote:I booked my plane tickets to come to the US. I will come in May. I got a flight from Berlin to Newark, NJ, then on to Cleveland, OH and my rental car. that's the first time I didn't have to change planes somewhere in Europe on the way, since I've been here in Poland. I'm happy about that, one less airport and all of the hassles. When I lived in Germany I was only an hour from Frankfurt and there are plenty of direct flight to the US from there. Berlin, not so much. Hardly any, actually.

Maybe we can meet up with cklun for some garlic balls (but not hers, she will NEVER EVER share them)

pooflady

Saw pickle flavored candy canes the other day. I think I'd like to give one to each grandchild without telling them what it is.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Saw pickle flavored candy canes the other day. I think I'd like to give one to each grandchild without telling them what it is.

HaHA! You are one mean Grandma! I like it!

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:HaHA! You are one mean Grandma! I like it!

Why, thank you.

My best, though, was when the grandkids were small and we gave them Hungry Hungry Hippo for Christmas. Revenge is sweet.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Why, thank you.

My best, though, was when the grandkids were small and we gave them Hungry Hungry Hippo for Christmas. Revenge is sweet.

Grandchildren are a parent's best revenge. I can't wait!

pooflady

I can't believe my youngest ones are 14. Only another year or two and they won't be hanging around grandma.

Of course I have 1 1/2 greats coming up.

edlada

pooflady wrote:I can't believe my youngest ones are 14. Only another year or two and they won't be hanging around grandma.

Of course I have 1 1/2 greats coming up.

I started late, I doubt I will be around to see any great grandchildren. But who knows.

pooflady

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

I am definitely going to eat too much.

mbspell

we took a 45 min walk this am.

had a 2nd glass of wine and a small second helping (turkey & stuffing only)

hopefully I don't eat too much pie...

hot72chev

Just had a piece of really scrumptious pumpkin pie!

x12

pooflady

A Big ol' Cornucopia for me, for me!

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:A Big ol' Cornucopia for me, for me!

WOO HOO, POOF!

Great job!

x12

pooflady

We were supposed to go to PA Friday but back problems started Tuesday. Although have had back problems off and on (and in different places) for years, this was the first time I couldn't sleep with them. Saw the doctor, got Prednisone, a little better today, but decided a seven-hour car trip wasn't wise.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:We were supposed to go to PA Friday but back problems started Tuesday. Although have had back problems off and on (and in different places) for years, this was the first time I couldn't sleep with them. Saw the doctor, got Prednisone, a little better today, but decided a seven-hour car trip wasn't wise.

Only about 4 hours to the bakery ;)

mbspell

pooflady wrote:We were supposed to go to PA Friday but back problems started Tuesday. Although have had back problems off and on (and in different places) for years, this was the first time I couldn't sleep with them. Saw the doctor, got Prednisone, a little better today, but decided a seven-hour car trip wasn't wise.

good call

mbspell

I am getting a massage on Sat. chiropractic only does so much for my back. looking forward to it!

edlada

Put off the trip until May, then we can meet for lunch in North East or somewhere. There is a surprising amount of nice casual restaurants in that little town, a nice change from all of the chain places.

I don't know if you know Presque Isle Wine Cellars on Rt 20. They opened the winery in 1969, one of the first 2 wineries in Pennsylvania since prohibition. The owners are old family friends. They have known me almost since I was born. They are 2 of the nicest and and most intelligent people I have ever known. I always stop to see them when I am in town, they are quite old now (way older than you even). I am sure you have driven by the family homestead on Rt 20 and Moorheadville Rd, the house was built by the family about 200 years ago. We go into town and have a nice lunch and talk about many things. The last visit we went to Freeport Landing on Rt 5.

pooflady

edlada wrote:Put off the trip until May, then we can meet for lunch in North East or somewhere. There is a surprising amount of nice casual restaurants in that little town, a nice change from all of the chain places.

I don't know if you know Presque Isle Wine Cellars on Rt 20. They opened the winery in 1969, one of the first 2 wineries in Pennsylvania since prohibition. The owners are old family friends. They have known me almost since I was born. They are 2 of the nicest and and most intelligent people I have ever known. I always stop to see them when I am in town, they are quite old now (way older than you even). I am sure you have driven by the family homestead on Rt 20 and Moorheadville Rd, the house was built by the family about 200 years ago. We go into town and have a nice lunch and talk about many things. The last visit we went to Freeport Landing on Rt 5.

I try to get to Freeport for at least one fish dinner while I'm there.