Woots Sold (rank):
Top 9% of Computers Woots
Top 20% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

HP EliteBook Folio 14" Intel i5 Ultrabook
Price: $269.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 Business Days. (Monday, May 21 to Thursday, May 24) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/6/2017 - $279.99 - Click To See Discussion (12 comments)
2/6/2016 - $349.99 - Click To See Discussion (9 comments)

6/7/2017 - $289.99 (Woot Plus)

frombyu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frombyu

I own one of this, but with Win7, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. It's nice and lightweight, battery lasts 2 hrs of movie watching or 40 mins of game playing (This War Of Mine). What I couldn't make work reliably was Intel Wifi card - in the end I had to purchase a USB wifi adapter,and that solved all of the connection problems. It uses a Display Port, no SD Card slot.

biggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biggins

Mine came with Win8 and I put in an ssd. Full displayport, no hdmi. Ok battery, about 4 hours with 50% screen in MS Office. WiFi has never really bothered me and the SD reader is buried with a tray cover but it must be an option. This was a business class computer hence the smart card and Ethernet port. My complaint is a washed out display that can be lousy over long periods. But the trackpad has 4 buttons and one of those pointer nubs like a Thinkpad. I’ve enjoyed using mine.

tp222

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tp222

This is killing me. The wife gets an apple watch for mothers day and I have to be as scared as a 10 year old to buy this for myself.

I hate life.

gregchico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregchico

I'm typing this on my Folio 9470m now. I really like this laptop. I have the 8gb ram and 256gb SSD version. I never had any problems with my built in wifi card or running any software I wanted to (understand this is not a gaming PC). It gets used everyday by myself and even sometimes the kids. The backlit keyboard is really nice to.
My only gripe is that the track pad can be a little finicky regarding finger placement for scrolling vs mouse movement.

brock2020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brock2020

Yea, it's 249 on Amazon

TheAfroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheAfroman

Hows the screen? I have had this model in the i3 one.. and it's super washed out and terrible viewing angles. The Motherboard can't handle the high-res screen upgrade.

verucht

quality posts: 2 Private Messages verucht

Figures, I watch woot for a while and finally give up and go for a T440s on CL and this pops up. Oh well, I still think I got a decent deal and didn't have to wait for shipping.

100% Me, no filler

davevpi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davevpi

Amazon has this laptop with more memory and more hard drive for $23 cheaper ($243.69) - https://www.amazon.com/HP-EliteBook-9470M-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01KU32UBS/

tp222

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tp222
davevpi wrote:Amazon has this laptop with more memory and more hard drive for $23 cheaper ($243.69) - https://www.amazon.com/HP-EliteBook-9470M-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01KU32UBS/

thanks. Now I don't need to rush into this.

RHGuillory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RHGuillory
tp222 wrote:thanks. Now I don't need to rush into this.

The Real Protip is always in the comments!

cncbabyfactory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cncbabyfactory

We bought this to replace two dying computers. When we started it up, the screen was not locked in the normal position; it was every which way but normal. Finally got a hold of customer service and they walked me through locking it in the correct position. It seemed to be a normal situation for them so I'm not sure why Joy Systems hasn't put that information on the paperwork sent with the computer. We upgraded the memory. I noticed the inside was fairly dusty when hubs took off the back cover to install the memory. Slightly disappointing. Otherwise, seems to be ok. I'm also disappointed that the comments below about cheaper versions with more memory were posted after purchasing this. Oh well. This should meet our needs.