Woots Sold (rank):
Top 15% of Computers Woots
Top 29% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

HP AMD Ryzen 7, RX550 Gaming Desktop
Price: $549.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 Business Days. (Wednesday, Jun 27 to Monday, Jul 02) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/22/2018 - $549.99
3/25/2018 - $559.99
2/25/2018 - $549.99

5/20/2018 - $549.99 (Woot Plus)
5/20/2018 - $549.99 (Woot Plus)

pupyluvr

quality posts: 64 Private Messages pupyluvr

If you are into gaming you are going to want a new power supply eventually... 500 watt minimum but I would get a 750 when they are on sale. Modular would be nice but not required. The rest of the computer looks good but maybe swap the HDD for an SSD when there is a deal somewhere.

If you buy a power supply online

1. Check the return policy
  2. Make sure it is HP compatible... Dell is a Jerk about power supplies

pupyluvr

quality posts: 64 Private Messages pupyluvr

ONE TERABYTE HARD DRIVE!

computergump

quality posts: 2 Private Messages computergump

I was actually considering this until I looked at the specs for the RAM. It is maxed out at 16GB because it only has two slots for RAM. I don't think I have ever seen a motherboard with two slots for RAM.

webwidejosh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webwidejosh
computergump wrote:I was actually considering this until I looked at the specs for the RAM. It is maxed out at 16GB because it only has two slots for RAM. I don't think I have ever seen a motherboard with two slots for RAM.

All the time on laptop motherboards, hey my laptop has 16GB. Oh wait, that's just a laptop.

Yep, pretty sad.

nabutu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nabutu
computergump wrote: maxed out at 16GB

The reason for being maxed at 16GB is more likely the chipset. 2 slots of the right type could use 16GB DIMMs or if the chipset could accept a higher capacity, they might put 4 slots on the board.

But that's the first thing I look for, also.

bfalke1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfalke1
computergump wrote:I was actually considering this until I looked at the specs for the RAM. It is maxed out at 16GB because it only has two slots for RAM. I don't think I have ever seen a motherboard with two slots for RAM.

Really??

Motherboard form factor is a pretty good determining factor, Small motherboard = not much space for RAM slots.

Ignoring form factors that are very unusual, or basically unused in modern PC building, here is the mainstream Motherboard sizes and RAM slots you will find on them.

mATX (what this computer has in it) - 9.6" x 9.6" - Micro ATX also called uATX by some MB manufactures - smaller form factor - 2-4 RAM Slots, pretty even split 2 or 4 slots.

ATX - 9.6" x 12" - Normal "full-size" motherboard - 2-8 RAM Slots (generally 4 or 8 slots, but for some ridiculous reason, sometimes only 2).

EATX - 13" x 12" - Extended ATX - 2-16 RAM Slots (8 is most common). 2 is even more ridiculous here as the board is really big & 16 is normally only on dual CPU boards

mITX - 6.7" x 6.7" - Mini ITX - very small - typically what is in HTPC (Home Theater PC), cases are normally to small to even fit a full size graphics card - 2-4 RAM Slots; almost always 2, 4 is done sometimes, but not often.

davidcmal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages davidcmal

Most of the lower end chipsets only support 2 slots for ram for both AMD and Intel. For most users 16GB will be more than enough. Spending more money on an SSD would be a much better upgrade in the future for them.

znd125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages znd125

I bet 99% of the target customers of this model will find 16GB more than enough.

rrussell

quality posts: 13 Private Messages rrussell

Jesus you guys. Don't you know 640K is all you need for anything ever?

znd125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages znd125

crandellc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crandellc

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c05686933

For anyone curious about the I/O for the RX550 (since it wasn't listed in the specs) - DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort

Nickyboker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nickyboker

Did AMD name the processor to sound like some kind of poison or disease on purpose?

Mr. Jazzy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mr. Jazzy

I would not purchase any HP device. I just spent 1 hour and 37 minutes, transferred to and from 10 different individuals about a recovery disk set for an HP Envy computer that was just out of warranty. I purchased the recovery set from HP for $50 and tried to reinstall on the original hard drive and a new clean hard drive and the recovery stopped at 43% on disk 2 of 5. HP wanted me to buy ANOTHER set and did not care that I had just received the 5 disk set from HP 2 days ago. There was no offer of a new set or the possibility that they could send me the recovery set on a flash drive. HP was completely useless and will not get another single penny of my hard earned cash.

Wooter207011405

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter207011405
Mr. Jazzy wrote:I would not purchase any HP device. I just spent 1 hour and 37 minutes, transferred to and from 10 different individuals about a recovery disk set for an HP Envy computer that was just out of warranty. I purchased the recovery set from HP for $50 and tried to reinstall on the original hard drive and a new clean hard drive and the recovery stopped at 43% on disk 2 of 5. HP wanted me to buy ANOTHER set and did not care that I had just received the 5 disk set from HP 2 days ago. There was no offer of a new set or the possibility that they could send me the recovery set on a flash drive. HP was completely useless and will not get another single penny of my hard earned cash.

This is why I buy using CC. I'd contest the $50 charge and let HP argue with the CC company about trying to screw you.

leonbev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages leonbev

That RX550 video card is kind of weak sauce, no? I'd expect at least a 580 in a gaming PC with a Ryzen 7 in it.

iTSOG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iTSOG
leonbev wrote:That RX550 video card is kind of weak sauce, no? I'd expect at least a 580 in a gaming PC with a Ryzen 7 in it.

Yes, and worse than that, the case can't hold a full size video card.