Top 25% of Computers Woots
Top 41% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

HP Spectre x360 13" QHD 512GB Convertible
Price: $579.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime) OR $10 Two-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 Business Days. (Wednesday, Aug 15 to Monday, Aug 20) + transit
Condition: Certified Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/22/2018 - $599.99

8/6/2018 - $579.99 (Woot Plus)
8/6/2018 - $579.99 (Woot Plus)

scarp54

quality posts: 4 Private Messages scarp54

This looks like a good deal to me. Can someone, anyone, tell me why not? I’m surprised there are no comments on this item.

hdeharo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hdeharo
scarp54 wrote:This looks like a good deal to me. Can someone, anyone, tell me why not? I’m surprised there are no comments on this item.

It seems like a decent deal to me. The main thing to point out is that I think these are the older dual-core versions. I think the newer version uses the 8000 series quad-core processor.

EcchiSensei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EcchiSensei
scarp54 wrote:This looks like a good deal to me. Can someone, anyone, tell me why not? I’m surprised there are no comments on this item.

Amazon reviews shows 50% 1 star.

manichawla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manichawla

It's a really good deal. I would buy one, but I need USB-C power charging capability.

calraith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages calraith
EcchiSensei wrote:Amazon reviews shows 50% 1 star.

Yeah, you can't really go by user ratings for computers, tablets, or multifunction printers. User reviews for computers are more often written by people who can't computer than by those who can. I imagine the people who leave a 1-star review on a machine with a 512GB SSD, 8GB RAM, and a high def touch screen in an ultraportable form factor which they bought for less than $600 are the same sort of people who demand to speak to a manager, and probably still hand-write checks at the grocery store checkout.

If I were in the market, this laptop would definitely be at the top of my short list. One outstanding feature of HP x360 machines is that their thermal vents are on the sides, not on the bottom. This means you can leave it on your lap without a laptop pad and it can still breathe. It won't overheat itself or your legs. I sold my HP Envy and bought a Dell Latitude last year, and I sorely miss the side vent placement of my old HP. That's something you won't find in published specs or very many professional reviews.