Back to Amazon.com

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
pooflady wrote:Damn, our only used book store is closing in a few months. Really, really sorry to see them go.

Did you know today is Book Lovers Day? I just bought some. more.

I love books, but have not bought one in a while. I usually get them from the library as we have too many books around here.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 19 Private Messages marlenestclair
mbspell wrote:I love books, but have not bought one in a while. I usually get them from the library as we have too many books around here.

There is a used book store here called "Too Many Books". I love to read, but must admit, I use the Kindle a lot.

x17

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
mbspell wrote:I love books, but have not bought one in a while. I usually get them from the library as we have too many books around here.

I have a very large collection of books, just can't bring myself to part with them.

We have a terrific discount book outlet nearby:

http://gobookfair.com/

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Damn, our only used book store is closing in a few months. Really, really sorry to see them go.

Did you know today is Book Lovers Day? I just bought some. more.

the judge tole me to stop loving books in the liberry. i guess the other patrons don't like the stains.

no1

only? duttenhofer? ohio book store? book rack? half price books?

pooflady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:only? duttenhofer? ohio book store? book rack? half price books?

Only reasonably close one.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady

Taking #2 grandson school shopping and dinner.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Taking #2 grandson school shopping and dinner.

Jeez, shopped for shoes. Ended up ordering. The way he's growing he wanted one pair for now and one pair a half size bigger. Didn't have what he wanted so had to order an 11 1/2 and a 12. He just turned 14.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Jeez, shopped for shoes. Ended up ordering. The way he's growing he wanted one pair for now and one pair a half size bigger. Didn't have what he wanted so had to order an 11 1/2 and a 12. He just turned 14.

wow. let's hope his feet stop growing soon. my husband wears a 15 and it's tough to find shoes that size.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:wow. let's hope his feet stop growing soon. my husband wears a 15 and it's tough to find shoes that size.

Yeah, his dad takes a 14. That started in mid teens and I was so glad that I wouldn't have to pay for those for too many years.

hot72chev

//lurking//

Hey y'all.

x12

marlenestclair

Checkin in......lurkin 2

x17

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
mbspell wrote:wow. let's hope his feet stop growing soon. my husband wears a 15 and it's tough to find shoes that size.

I wear 8.5-9. Those are easy to find.

And yes, they fit comfortably.

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
moles1138 wrote:I wear 8.5-9. Those are easy to find.

And yes, they fit comfortably.

Size 15 here. I can't remember when I wore a size 9. Maybe in junior high school, maybe even earlier.

My dogs like me, that is important.

no1

i cried because i had no shoes until i met a man who had to go swimming while wearing cement shoes

pooflady

I was reading in a comfy recliner on the deck this afternoon under the awning when it started raining. Just like a nice spring rain. By the time I woke up, everything was already dry.

no1

pooflady wrote:By the time I woke up, everything was already dry.

that's not what usually happens to me.

pooflady

no1 wrote:that's not what usually happens to me.

Speechless.

mbspell

one week from tomorrow I leave for Japan! super excited and also slightly panicked. so much to do!!!

pooflady

mbspell wrote:one week from tomorrow I leave for Japan! super excited and also slightly panicked. so much to do!!!

Sounds like so much fun!

pooflady

Just ugly here. 82, feels like 90, dew point 77. Definitely NOT a dry heat.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Just ugly here. 82, feels like 90, dew point 77. Definitely NOT a dry heat.

Same here - Air you can Wear.

Yuck. I am done with it. Bring on FALL!

x12

pooflady

Yoo-hoo, anybody home?
Canned seven quarts of tomatoes yesterday. I wasn't going to this year because I have enough left over to get me through next year. Then I started thinking, maybe husband wouldn't be able to plant them next year or maybe I wouldn't be able to can them next year. I don't want to be morbid but we are in our 70s and we kind of have to think ahead.

mbspell

super busy here. we leave for Japan on Thursday. I work Sun - Wed. starting on packing, got a lot of stuff oldest left for us to bring over for him. trying not to get too stressed, but it's not working.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:super busy here. we leave for Japan on Thursday. I work Sun - Wed. starting on packing, got a lot of stuff oldest left for us to bring over for him. trying not to get too stressed, but it's not working.

Deep breaths. How long will you be gone?

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Deep breaths. How long will you be gone?

almost 2 weeks. leave on a Thu, return on a Weds.

3 nights Tokyo
4 nights Kitakyushu (where son lives)
2 nights Osaka
3 nights Tokyo (Disney)

moles1138

pooflady wrote:Yoo-hoo, anybody home?
Canned seven quarts of tomatoes yesterday. I wasn't going to this year because I have enough left over to get me through next year. Then I started thinking, maybe husband wouldn't be able to plant them next year or maybe I wouldn't be able to can them next year. I don't want to be morbid but we are in our 70s and we kind of have to think ahead.

Mom's parents canned. After they passed, we emptied the fruit cellar. Some seals had broken, but that is to be expected because it had been years. Others were still good.

Mom will be 80 and Dad 77. They're still going strong. I hope I'm in that good of shape at that age.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:almost 2 weeks. leave on a Thu, return on a Weds.

3 nights Tokyo
4 nights Kitakyushu (where son lives)
2 nights Osaka
3 nights Tokyo (Disney)

Sounds like a really fun trip. Will son be able to be with you for the whole time?

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Mom's parents canned. After they passed, we emptied the fruit cellar. Some seals had broken, but that is to be expected because it had been years. Others were still good.

Mom will be 80 and Dad 77. They're still going strong. I hope I'm in that good of shape at that age.

I don't keep anything older than two years. Husband's uncle's wife canned a lot. Saw the cellar once. She had passed away at least 30 years before. It was the stuff nightmares are made of. I couldn't imagine even clearing it out. I think you'd need a hazmat suit.

moles1138

Did well at the farmer's market today despite the rain while we were setting up. Been slow the last 3 weeks. Sold out of a lot but oddly not the Pecan Pie Bars which normally sellout quick.

I unpacked the car and we went to get black mulch and white marble rocks. They are still in the car.

Oogie brought home ribs and wings from the bbq joint.

We've been home binge watching Salvation. On a really nice day.

We'll head out later for Circlefest and fireworks. The fest was started a few years ago as the celebration of the city's 200th year.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:I don't keep anything older than two years. Husband's uncle's wife canned a lot. Saw the cellar once. She had passed away at least 30 years before. It was the stuff nightmares are made of. I couldn't imagine even clearing it out. I think you'd need a hazmat suit.

I doubt anyone actually ate any of it.

moles1138

Tomorrow we'll meet our friend Mark for breakfast and then go to the bakery (to use the space) to make sausage for our picnic/fest next Saturday.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Sounds like a really fun trip. Will son be able to be with you for the whole time?

he will fly up and meet us in Tokyo, then will be with us until Osaka. from there he goes back to work and we go back to Tokyo.

I am really looking forward to seeing him and getting a look at his new home and the city he's living in.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Tomorrow we'll meet our friend Mark for breakfast and then go to the bakery (to use the space) to make sausage for our picnic/fest next Saturday.

Tomorrow and next week both sound like fun.

pooflady

Daughter-in-law is out of town because of a terminally ill aunt. Will be back Tues. Another of her aunts, from the other side of her family, is flying in tonight for the eclipse. She and granddaughter are driving to Nashville Mon. She's a nice person but really a flake. Son begged me to have them over for dinner tomorrow. LOL

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:Same here - Air you can Wear.

Yuck. I am done with it. Bring on FALL!

Agreed! I am so sick of sweating.

x17

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:I don't keep anything older than two years. Husband's uncle's wife canned a lot. Saw the cellar once. She had passed away at least 30 years before. It was the stuff nightmares are made of. I couldn't imagine even clearing it out. I think you'd need a hazmat suit.

Gee that sounds like me just TRYING to can...I am not that domestic...I fear a pressure cooker and have heard stories. So I go to Sam's instead....

x17

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:he will fly up and meet us in Tokyo, then will be with us until Osaka. from there he goes back to work and we go back to Tokyo.

I am really looking forward to seeing him and getting a look at his new home and the city he's living in.

Have fun, enjoy your trip, and for heaven's sake...BREATHE!

x17

marlenestclair

Poof, I forgot to tell you....my mother in law's ex-in laws (yeah I know) had home canned food BURIED in the back yard!!! You know, in case of the apocalypse. I kid you not. They also had money buried....plus other supplies. They were weird, and believed that the year 2000 was gonna be the last.

x17

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Have fun, enjoy your trip, and for heaven's sake...BREATHE!

thanks, I'm trying