Back to Amazon.com

pooflady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady
marlenestclair wrote:Gee that sounds like me just TRYING to can...I am not that domestic...I fear a pressure cooker and have heard stories. So I go to Sam's instead....

I canned green beans for years and those needed a pressure cooker (tomatoes don't). Scared me to death. I'd scurry into the kitchen to check the pressure and scurry back out again.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:Poof, I forgot to tell you....my mother in law's ex-in laws (yeah I know) had home canned food BURIED in the back yard!!! You know, in case of the apocalypse. I kid you not. They also had money buried....plus other supplies. They were weird, and believed that the year 2000 was gonna be the last.

Sounds like their kid turned out weird, too. Not surprising.

pooflady

For me, the eclipse was a bust. Husband thinks it got a little dim. I don't think so. All the shadows from trees and things were the same, as sharp as when it started. Granted, we're in the 91% category, but I was expecting more than this.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Granted, we're in the 91% category, but I was expecting more than this.

i allaways thought of you as part of the 1%.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:For me, the eclipse was a bust. Husband thinks it got a little dim. I don't think so. All the shadows from trees and things were the same, as sharp as when it started. Granted, we're in the 91% category, but I was expecting more than this.

It seemed less "Oh hell, it's bright outside!" and a bit cooler during the eclipse.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

pooflady

no1 wrote:i allaways thought of you as part of the 1%.

I sure wish.
Could you see it through the bars?

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Went to mom and dad's. We made a pinhole box. Got some great pix. Wish I had used a longer box to get a bigger image. Due to the lensing thru the pinhole, the image is inverted...

First used a welding glass to do a selfie (wasn't about to fry my phone optics), but I can't zoom in that mode. Then tried the front view cam. Didn't mess with the settings so I got lens flare and an internal reflection that looks good...but again inverted...

Got some nice pix when mom came home with the glasses...

Some lensing thru the leaves, an odd feathered cloud, and a direct shot thru clouds...

We got about 80% coverage in Stow,OH. April 8, 2024 there will be 100% coverage. Mom is thinking she won't be around then. Shit, she'll only be 86 and 4 months.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

We were at 85%, and I thought it would be much darker than it was. It was slightly cooler.

I still thought it was a very cool event. I love stuff like this.

Wish I had been somewhere interesting (like on the Appalachian Trail) instead of at work.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:thanks, I'm trying

Down to hours, are you ready?

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
pooflady wrote:Down to hours, are you ready?

just got home from work. less than 24 hours to go. got piles of clothes, need to put them in packing cubes and in suitcases, and add a few toiletries, but basically ready. SO EXCITED!

also, no1, bought a bunch of incubators for my pokemon eggs. I'm going to hatch them all so I can get lots of Japanese eggs! probably filled with same crappy pokemon, but worth a shot.

mbspell

poof, it was so funny to see you in the green thread!

I will do my best to post photos and updates every couple days. moles is on my list of people to text photos to for uploading, so I will try to remind him to post here, too.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
mbspell wrote:just got home from work. less than 24 hours to go. got piles of clothes, need to put them in packing cubes and in suitcases, and add a few toiletries, but basically ready. SO EXCITED!

also, no1, bought a bunch of incubators for my pokemon eggs. I'm going to hatch them all so I can get lots of Japanese eggs! probably filled with same crappy pokemon, but worth a shot.

Have a great time MBS. Don't eat anything with tentacles.

mbspell

daveinwarshington wrote:Have a great time MBS. Don't eat anything with tentacles.

ha! that is a good motto to live by

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:poof, it was so funny to see you in the green thread!

x12

no1

mbspell wrote:poof, it was so funny to see you in the green thread!

hrm. i suppose they can shut down ebw after poof moves to green.

no1

mbspell wrote:also, no1, bought a bunch of incubators for my pokemon eggs. I'm going to hatch them all so I can get lots of Japanese eggs! probably filled with same crappy pokemon, but worth a shot.

i left my fone in my pocket while the game was still running and i thought i was gonna burn a hole in my pants.

no1

daveinwarshington wrote:Have a great time MBS. Don't eat anything with tentacles.

aw man, i lurv eatin tentacles

pooflady

no1 wrote:hrm. i suppose they can shut down ebw after poof moves to green.

Will you come, too? I think everyone else here is there. Sad.

no1

pooflady wrote:Will you come, too? I think everyone else here is there. Sad.

imma bearly hear as it is. prolly not.

daveinwarshington

no1 wrote:aw man, i lurv eatin tentacles

It could be an exciting meal, I suppose.

daveinwarshington

pooflady wrote:I canned green beans for years and those needed a pressure cooker (tomatoes don't). Scared me to death. I'd scurry into the kitchen to check the pressure and scurry back out again.

We have a large chest freezer. We vacuum-bag & freeze the produce & berries now. Canning is too much trouble & we think frozen foods taste better.
We also started a pot of sauerkraut a few weeks ago.

moles1138

We'd have to drag edlada along too.

moles1138

no1 wrote:imma bearly hear as it is. prolly not.

You would be missed.

moles1138

no1 wrote:hrm. i suppose they can shut down PWA after poof moves to Green.

FTFY

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
moles1138 wrote:We'd have to drag edlada along too.

Hey, I don't even know where it is, you will have to drag me there.

My dogs like me, that is important.

hot72chev

edlada wrote:Hey, I don't even know where it is, you will have to drag me there.

Instead of the "Everything but Woot" tab, we are under the "World of Woot" tab just to the left, then "Return of the Green Grotto, part III"

x12

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

hello?

is this woot thing on?

sooooooooooo quiet all across the site!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

hot72chev

cklun wrote:hello?

is this woot thing on?

sooooooooooo quiet all across the site!

Maybe BSN broke the interwebz again.

x12

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:Maybe BSN broke the interwebz again.

DAMN YOU DAVE!!!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

daveinwarshington

It's so dry here.
1/10th of an inch rain in 3 months.

The sprinklers ain't keeping up.
75-80+ all next week.
It love the warm weather, I know when the weather breaks it'll be crappy weather for 7 months...

hot72chev

We have also had an unusually dry summer. We are looking at record cool temps this coming week, maybe in the low 60's on Tuesday.

Just wait...I leave for vacation the end of Sept...it will start raining the day I leave.

x12

pooflady

For old-timers here, I've checked with Zea and Kidcrosby, both in the Houston area, and they're okay so far.

no1

pooflady wrote:For old-timers here, I've checked with Zea and Kidcrosby, both in the Houston area, and they're okay so far.

obviously their internet has been down a coupla years.

pooflady

no1 wrote:obviously their internet has been down a coupla years.

They're both on FB occasionally.

Kid's on there right now.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 19 Private Messages marlenestclair

Just poppin my head in, haven't been here due to surgery last Friday. Hope everyone is doing well!

x17

marlenestclair

quality posts: 19 Private Messages marlenestclair

I don't know much about the Green Grotto, except that they have cookies. Is it invitation only? Tell me more

x17

moles1138

marlenestclair wrote:I don't know much about the Green Grotto, except that they have cookies. Is it invitation only? Tell me more

Come on over. We're on the WoW tab instead of the EBW tab. Usually somewhere near the top. We're a bit weird.

daveinwarshington

marlenestclair wrote:I don't know much about the Green Grotto, except that they have cookies. Is it invitation only? Tell me more

Here's your invitation to Green Team.

mbspell

Woooooohooooo

after a week in Japan I finally caught an elusive Farfetch'd!!!!! I really didn't want to have to go back home without one!

no1

mbspell wrote:Woooooohooooo

after a week in Japan I finally caught an elusive Farfetch'd!!!!! I really didn't want to have to go back home without one!

i was gonna crow about the pidgie i caught, but ...