marlenestclair


quality posts: 16 Private Messages marlenestclair
daveinwarshington wrote:Here's your invitation to Green Team.



Wow a fancy invitation, did the Wootster help you with that? ;)

x14


pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

Harvey came for a visit this morning and won't leave. Wind and rain and only 57*, which is really cold for the time of year. He'd better get his ass out of here by Sunday because I have 30-some people coming for dinner.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

hiya PWA

4:15 Sat afternoon here in Osaka. sunny & low 80's

knock on wood, we haven't had any rain here in Japan

did 2 of the legendary beast raids in pokémon & caught a Suicune. I can return to the US victorious in my pokémon quest.

doing laundry. again. damn long vacations.



marlenestclair


quality posts: 16 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:Harvey came for a visit this morning and won't leave. Wind and rain and only 57*, which is really cold for the time of year. He'd better get his ass out of here by Sunday because I have 30-some people coming for dinner.



You tell 'em Poof!!!

x14


mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
no1 wrote:i was gonna crow about the pidgie i caught, but ...



managed to jump in a couple raids and caught a suicune while here in Japan. now my pokémon friends won't laugh at me when I get home.



saw a second farfetch'd but the jerk ran away.



no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:managed to jump in a couple raids and caught a suicune while here in Japan.



cool!

miss 1 and i were walking around a mall the other day and a nearby gym was in raid mode. it was some legendary or other, and our levels were way way too low to have any chance of beating the boss but miss 1 wanted to try anyway. so there was a group of strangers nearby organizing for a raid and one of them saw us playing and invited us to join. we said "sure" and waited for them to start. all of a sudden one of them says he's starting a private raid party, and announced his "password" to join. everybody joined but miss 1 had trouble with her account and had to restart pokemon go, so i waited for her. with seconds to go before the raid started, her account was finally ready and we tried to join but the game said there was no such raid party with that code; i assumed there was some glitch with the game or we got the code wrong or something, and subsequently left. anyhoo, a coupla questions:

1. are such glitches plausible?
2. there were less than 20 people there. what was the point of taking the raid private? it looked to me like this was organized on the spot, i.e. not a group of close friends ... is there some advantage to it? otherwise seemed like an unnecessary hurdle for n00bs like us to overcome.

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
no1 wrote:cool!

miss 1 and i were walking around a mall the other day and a nearby gym was in raid mode. it was some legendary or other, and our levels were way way too low to have any chance of beating the boss but miss 1 wanted to try anyway. so there was a group of strangers nearby organizing for a raid and one of them saw us playing and invited us to join. we said "sure" and waited for them to start. all of a sudden one of them says he's starting a private raid party, and announced his "password" to join. everybody joined but miss 1 had trouble with her account and had to restart pokemon go, so i waited for her. with seconds to go before the raid started, her account was finally ready and we tried to join but the game said there was no such raid party with that code; i assumed there was some glitch with the game or we got the code wrong or something, and subsequently left. anyhoo, a coupla questions:

1. are such glitches plausible?
2. there were less than 20 people there. what was the point of taking the raid private? it looked to me like this was organized on the spot, i.e. not a group of close friends ... is there some advantage to it? otherwise seemed like an unnecessary hurdle for n00bs like us to overcome.



I have done raids where people have had trouble joining and we've backed out and restarted. I agree that using a code for a raid of random people, less than 20, is overkill. I have only done 1-2 raids using codes if there are more than 20 people present. they sound like jerks for using a code and not waiting for you.



hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

MBSpell is HOME!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
hot72chev wrote:MBSpell is HOME!



I'm back! still a bit jetlagged, but back!



pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:I'm back! still a bit jetlagged, but back!



Glad to see (read?) you. Enjoyed your pictures.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
pooflady wrote:Glad to see (read?) you. Enjoyed your pictures.



thanks, I will try to get a few more posted this weekend.



pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

An old roommate and I keep in touch on our birthdays. The conversations keep getting longer and longer. Last night we were 15 minutes short of six hours. Nothing special, just chat.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:An old roommate and I keep in touch on our birthdays. The conversations keep getting longer and longer. Last night we were 15 minutes short of six hours. Nothing special, just chat.



We can't chat like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bumble bees on them. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now was I... Oh yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:We can't chat like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bumble bees on them. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now was I... Oh yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.



How drunk/stoned/insane were you that you saw bumble bees on nickels?


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:cool!

miss 1 and i were walking around a mall the other day and a nearby gym was in raid mode. it was some legendary or other, and our levels were way way too low to have any chance of beating the boss but miss 1 wanted to try anyway. so there was a group of strangers nearby organizing for a raid and one of them saw us playing and invited us to join. we said "sure" and waited for them to start. all of a sudden one of them says he's starting a private raid party, and announced his "password" to join. everybody joined but miss 1 had trouble with her account and had to restart pokemon go, so i waited for her. with seconds to go before the raid started, her account was finally ready and we tried to join but the game said there was no such raid party with that code; i assumed there was some glitch with the game or we got the code wrong or something, and subsequently left. anyhoo, a coupla questions:

1. are such glitches plausible?
2. there were less than 20 people there. what was the point of taking the raid private? it looked to me like this was organized on the spot, i.e. not a group of close friends ... is there some advantage to it? otherwise seemed like an unnecessary hurdle for n00bs like us to overcome.



You bring Miss one out in public, but we can't see a picture of her? Not even an older one, so when we try to steal her from you, we would be looking for the wrong kid???

btw, you know we were all parents and NONE of us would abduct a kid. We all know how much trouble they are.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:You bring Miss one out in public, but we can't see a picture of her?





pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:



Hey, I saw her yesterday at the mall but I didn't know who she was.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
no1 wrote:We can't chat like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bumble bees on them. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now was I... Oh yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.



what about red onions?



ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:cool!

miss 1 and i were walking around a mall the other day and a nearby gym was in raid mode. it was some legendary or other, and our levels were way way too low to have any chance of beating the boss but miss 1 wanted to try anyway. so there was a group of strangers nearby organizing for a raid and one of them saw us playing and invited us to join. we said "sure" and waited for them to start. all of a sudden one of them says he's starting a private raid party, and announced his "password" to join. everybody joined but miss 1 had trouble with her account and had to restart pokemon go, so i waited for her. with seconds to go before the raid started, her account was finally ready and we tried to join but the game said there was no such raid party with that code; i assumed there was some glitch with the game or we got the code wrong or something, and subsequently left. anyhoo, a coupla questions:

1. are such glitches plausible?
2. there were less than 20 people there. what was the point of taking the raid private? it looked to me like this was organized on the spot, i.e. not a group of close friends ... is there some advantage to it? otherwise seemed like an unnecessary hurdle for n00bs like us to overcome.



From Thunderson:

1.) It might be, but it's possible that the raid had already started the second she came in. and so it was too late for her. In future notice, its easy and not uncommon for people to back out of a raid for someone that's having issues like that, especially if it's incredibly early.

2.) My guess would be to keep Spoofers out so that everyone there can play. Since Spoofing in Pokemon Go happens when people who are playing remotely manipulate their GPS positioning so that they appear somewhere else. Making it easy for them to join raids and add extra numbers.

It's even possible that spoofers filled up the lobby without you noticing even with the password.



To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
ThunderThighs wrote:From Thunderson:

2.) My guess would be to keep Spoofers out so that everyone there can play. Since Spoofing in Pokemon Go happens when people who are playing remotely manipulate their GPS positioning so that they appear somewhere else. Making it easy for them to join raids and add extra numbers.

It's even possible that spoofers filled up the lobby without you noticing even with the password.



thanks for the info. i was under the impression one of the updates niantic had pushed out a few months ago was supposed to cut down on the spoofing. did this not work?

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:what about red onions?



My onion is not a communist. it may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a communist, but it is NOT a porn star!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Hey, I saw her yesterday at the mall but I didn't know who she was.



next time you're at the mall, stop by and say hi.

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
no1 wrote:My onion is not a communist. it may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a communist, but it is NOT a porn star!





ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:thanks for the info. i was under the impression one of the updates niantic had pushed out a few months ago was supposed to cut down on the spoofing. did this not work?


Per Thunderson: Niantic does attempt to take down spoofers and there are occasional ban waves, but they are still there.



To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
ThunderThighs wrote:Per Thunderson: Niantic does attempt to take down spoofers and there are occasional ban waves, but they are still there.



this matches what I've heard.

we did a raikou raid this morning. there were 8 of us. when we were battling, we noticed count was 9. I suppose someone could have been in a car or in the store, but we didn't see anyone around us.

it was a raid at a Sprint store, which is where the mewtwo invite only raids have been popping up. so it was prime spoofer territory.

also, didn't catch the damn thing. but I have 2 raikou & 2 suicune. some people in my group have 10 or more raikou!



no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:I have 2 raikou & 2 suicune. some people in my group have 10 or more raikou!



i caught another pidgie!

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
no1 wrote:i caught another pidgie!



congrats!!





no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:congrats!!



lol this is what usually happens to me!

pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

Does anyone here have a wireless indoor-outdoor thermometer that has worked for over a year. We had one that lasted years and finally the outdoor sensor quit, so we got another one and the outdoor sensor only lasted months. Looking at reviews on Amazon, seems like many of the outdoor sensors don't last.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Does anyone here have a wireless indoor-outdoor thermometer that has worked for over a year. We had one that lasted years and finally the outdoor sensor quit, so we got another one and the outdoor sensor only lasted months. Looking at reviews on Amazon, seems like many of the outdoor sensors don't last.



I have two which I curse on a regular basis. Mine are cheap, hardware store variety. The "Taylor" one I have out back just lost it's signal today, after having worked well most of the summer.

Sometimes it helps if I change the batteries, taking time to clean any corrosion off of the battery contacts.

We have a pretty good one at work (Acurite). It came from Costco more than 5 years ago, still going strong.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:I have two which I curse on a regular basis. Mine are cheap, hardware store variety. The "Taylor" one I have out back just lost it's signal today, after having worked well most of the summer.

Sometimes it helps if I change the batteries, taking time to clean any corrosion off of the battery contacts.

We have a pretty good one at work (Acurite). It came from Costco more than 5 years ago, still going strong.



Thanks. We've changed batteries and cleaned the contacts and moved it about three times. Might check into Accurite.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

Ahoy Mateys. Shiver me timbers!



I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

Damn, all the Medicare insurance plans have started coming in the mail. We could have a whole forest for the amount of paper that will come in the next month.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
pooflady wrote:Ahoy Mateys. Shiver me timbers!



Arrrr. Me parrot's got Scurvy.

pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady
moles1138 wrote:Arrrr. Me parrot's got Scurvy.



Better give him some orange juice.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Better give him some orange juice.



shouldn't that be "bettarrrrrr give him some arrrrrrange juice"

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

today was a magical day.

except for the medical exam. but I caught a tyranitar from a raid (I am now 1/7), went for a nice long walk, hung out with pokefriends and CAUGHT MEWTWO!

and saw a glorious sunset to top it off.



pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:today was a magical day.

except for the medical exam. but I caught a tyranitar from a raid (I am now 1/7), went for a nice long walk, hung out with pokefriends and CAUGHT MEWTWO!

and saw a glorious sunset to top it off.



Congratulations on the medical exam, the long walk, and the glorious sunset. The rest - I have no idea what you're talking about.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
pooflady wrote:Congratulations on the medical exam, the long walk, and the glorious sunset. The rest - I have no idea what you're talking about.



lol, thanks



pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

Ho-hum.



I think my guardian angel drinks.