Back to Amazon.com

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

Will the last person out of PWA please turn off the lights?

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
hot72chev wrote:Will the last person out of PWA please turn off the lights?

I'll be here. I'm not leaving PWA ever. I've been with woot! since the beginning, I lurked a while before I joined the site. I owe it to all of the old long gone PWA'ers. Somebody has to bear the tiki torch.

My dogs like me, that is important.

hot72chev

edlada wrote:I'll be here. I'm not leaving PWA ever. I've been with woot! since the beginning, I lurked a while before I joined the site. I owe it to all of the old long gone PWA'ers. Somebody has to bear the tiki torch.

Aw, I'm just kiddin', ed!

Sometimes it's quiet here, sometimes it's not.

Carry on!

x12

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
edlada wrote:I'll be here. I'm not leaving PWA ever. I've been with woot! since the beginning, I lurked a while before I joined the site. I owe it to all of the old long gone PWA'ers. Somebody has to bear the tiki torch.

i figgered alla youse guyz woulda left fer greener pastures by now.

mbspell

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
no1 wrote:i figgered alla youse guyz woulda left fer greener pastures by now.

greener pastures, good one, no1!

hot72chev

no1...come to the Green Side....

x12

pooflady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages pooflady

Nope, never. I poke my head into green every once in a while and might post something but I'm just not in to gifs.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady

While I have you all here (all two, three, whatever), do you or do you know anyone that has a lot of prescriptions and, if so, do you know what company they're using for Part D? I know, different states, different ages, but maybe I could get a clue. Walgreens sent me a letter that they think my current Part D carrier is going to get a lot more expensive. I figure if they think so, I'm in trouble.

Currently with First Health.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:While I have you all here (all two, three, whatever), do you or do you know anyone that has a lot of prescriptions and, if so, do you know what company they're using for Part D? I know, different states, different ages, but maybe I could get a clue. Walgreens sent me a letter that they think my current Part D carrier is going to get a lot more expensive. I figure if they think so, I'm in trouble.

Currently with First Health.

I believe the part D plans vary by state, and that there are websites you can use to help choose a part D. you can enter your medications and it will help you decide which plan would be better for you.

maybe check medicare.gov

pooflady

mbspell wrote:I believe the part D plans vary by state, and that there are websites you can use to help choose a part D. you can enter your medications and it will help you decide which plan would be better for you.

maybe check medicare.gov

Unfortunately, I have a bunch of meds and you have to enter each one, and the amount, and the frequency. Takes a long, long time. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion I could start with.

pooflady

Glad to hear it.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Not sure why I never think I have anything relevant to say here.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Not sure why I never think I have anything relevant to say here.

Wait, what? It has to be relevant? No one told me. 13 years of irrelevant!

no1

pooflady wrote:Nope, never. I poke my head into green every once in a while and might post something but I'm just not in to gifs.

choosy mothers choose gifs.

no1

hot72chev wrote:no1...come to the Green Side....

looks like too much work.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
no1 wrote:looks like too much work.

I hate it when things are too much work.

I rototilled most of the garden today. Half of it will be planted in grass. I'm tired of weeding weeding weeding all that damn garden.

hot72chev

daveinwarshington wrote:I hate it when things are too much work.

I rototilled most of the garden today. Half of it will be planted in grass. I'm tired of weeding weeding weeding all that damn garden.

Garden season should be over for you very soon, dave. I know it's winding down around here.

x12

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Unfortunately, I have a bunch of meds and you have to enter each one, and the amount, and the frequency. Takes a long, long time. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion I could start with.

MamaChev has Humana for Part D. They seem to be ok. I think they are associated with Wal Mart, but she gets some stuff free through mail order.

She also got a call from her insurance management place that her supplemental plan is going to skyrocket and she needs to come in to recalculate. Why does it have to be so complicated?

x12

mbspell

no1 wrote:choosy mothers choose gifs.

wait... I can't get thrown out of PWA for posting gifs here, can I?

mbspell

picked husband up at T stop and dragged him along to Raikou raid nearby. luckily it was at a Mexican restaurant so I bought him a margarita afterwards.

I can't remember, what did I do with all this extra time before I played Pokemon Go????

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Unfortunately, I have a bunch of meds and you have to enter each one, and the amount, and the frequency. Takes a long, long time. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion I could start with.

I work in a pharmacy, and I got nothing. I know we're supposed to stay out of it and not try to influence you to choose a plan that prefers our pharmacy. I also know plans differ by state, so if I did have any insight (I don't) it would be MA specific. sorry. have you asked your pharmacy?

pooflady

mbspell wrote:I work in a pharmacy, and I got nothing. I know we're supposed to stay out of it and not try to influence you to choose a plan that prefers our pharmacy. I also know plans differ by state, so if I did have any insight (I don't) it would be MA specific. sorry. have you asked your pharmacy?

I believe Walgreens is supposed to be doing something Oct. 3. We'll see. They know us by our first names. Sad.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:I believe Walgreens is supposed to be doing something Oct. 3. We'll see. They know us by our first names. Sad.

well, we try to learn the customers names. I'm pretty bad at it.

I go back in on Monday. will ask my pharmacist if they know of any helpful sites or services.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
mbspell wrote:well, we try to learn the customers names. I'm pretty bad at it.

I go back in on Monday. will ask my pharmacist if they know of any helpful sites or services.

So... Walgreens & RiteAid are merging?
I've always gone to Walgreen because around here, they are nicer...

With our HMO, we have to buy pills from their pharmacy I think. (Kaiser)...

mbspell

daveinwarshington wrote:So... Walgreens & RiteAid are merging?
I've always gone to Walgreen because around here, they are nicer...

With our HMO, we have to buy pills from their pharmacy I think. (Kaiser)...

Walgreens bought some Rite Aids. I think it's 2000, mainly in the northeast. so there will still be some Rite Aid stores. it's going to take up to 3 years for them to fully take over RA and change all the stores over to Walgreens.

I prefer the sales at Rite Aid and CVS, so I rarely go in Walgreens. but the CVS pharmacies are always super busy with long wait times and longer lines.

usually insurance companies will have a preferred pharmacy (probably mail away) where prescriptions are cheaper, but will still allow you to fill wherever you want.

moles1138

Our RiteAid was just remodeled. I don't care for CVS...I get a weird vibe. I believe it is short for CaVernouS. Always feels cold/impersonal. There isn't a Walgreens here but there are a few in neighboring towns that I do go to.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:

wait... I can't get thrown out of PWA for posting gifs here, can I?

//thinking//

No, of course not. j/k

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Our RiteAid was just remodeled. I don't care for CVS...I get a weird vibe. I believe it is short for CaVernouS. Always feels cold/impersonal. There isn't a Walgreens here but there are a few in neighboring towns that I do go to.

Our Walgreens is about two minutes away, which is one reason we go there. When we were with CVS, their mail order, we had a horrible time. Twice they had to overnight prescriptions because although they told me they had been sent, they hadn't been. I may pay extra at the store, but it's worth it.

no1

pooflady wrote:I may pay extra at the store, but it's worth it.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Our Walgreens is about two minutes away, which is one reason we go there. When we were with CVS, their mail order, we had a horrible time. Twice they had to overnight prescriptions because although they told me they had been sent, they hadn't been. I may pay extra at the store, but it's worth it.

we get a ton of people who need "bridge supplies" - basically we get permission from insurance co to fill a 1 week supply of their rx because it hasn't arrived yet from mail order. and if we have to call mail order pharmacies for a transfer it's a huge headache. I agree that sometimes it's not worth saving a couple bucks.

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:we get a ton of people who need "bridge supplies" - basically we get permission from insurance co to fill a 1 week supply of their rx because it hasn't arrived yet from mail order. and if we have to call mail order pharmacies for a transfer it's a huge headache. I agree that sometimes it's not worth saving a couple bucks.

I HATE mail order pharmacies!!! Will not use them.

MamaChev uses WalMart and Humana mail order which creates more problems than it solves.

I use Martins (Giant) or Rite Aid.

x12

pooflady

We were going with another couple to Carraba's for dinner last night. Called ahead to be put on the wait list. Drove up and the parking lot was really full. Then we saw a girl in high, high heels and short, short dress and a boy with a boutonniere. Homecoming!!! Went inside but didn't stay. Ended up next door at Firehouse Subs.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:We were going with another couple to Carraba's for dinner last night. Called ahead to be put on the wait list. Drove up and the parking lot was really full. Then we saw a girl in high, high heels and short, short dress and a boy with a boutonniere. Homecoming!!! Went inside but didn't stay. Ended up next door at Firehouse Subs.

when we went to Indiana years ago for a Star Wars convention we had dinner at a Buca di Beppo and realized it was prom night! LOL

probably a good call going for subs instead

marlenestclair

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marlenestclair
mbspell wrote:Walgreens bought some Rite Aids. I think it's 2000, mainly in the northeast. so there will still be some Rite Aid stores. it's going to take up to 3 years for them to fully take over RA and change all the stores over to Walgreens.

I prefer the sales at Rite Aid and CVS, so I rarely go in Walgreens. but the CVS pharmacies are always super busy with long wait times and longer lines.

usually insurance companies will have a preferred pharmacy (probably mail away) where prescriptions are cheaper, but will still allow you to fill wherever you want.

All the Rite Aids left here years ago, most of the buildings were knocked down or sold. For instance, one is an auto parts store.

x15

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:I HATE mail order pharmacies!!! Will not use them.

MamaChev uses WalMart and Humana mail order which creates more problems than it solves.

I use Martins (Giant) or Rite Aid.

I agree, they screw up my order every time...I use Sams Club and can't switch without permission from my pain doc.

x15

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:MamaChev has Humana for Part D. They seem to be ok. I think they are associated with Wal Mart, but she gets some stuff free through mail order.

She also got a call from her insurance management place that her supplemental plan is going to skyrocket and she needs to come in to recalculate. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Due to the government subsidies for the Affordable Health Care Act, these costs are passed on to the consumers whether or not they are getting their insurance from the Marketplace. This includes those who have Medigap plans and part D plans. Payments to providers are getting less and less as well. This is why Mama is being recalculated because rates are being raised.

:::::stepping off my Health Care Management Degree soapbox:::::

x15

marlenestclair

Poof what may help is putting all your meds on a spreadsheet like I have mine...then you can do a copy and paste as needed?

x15

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:We were going with another couple to Carraba's for dinner last night. Called ahead to be put on the wait list. Drove up and the parking lot was really full. Then we saw a girl in high, high heels and short, short dress and a boy with a boutonniere. Homecoming!!! Went inside but didn't stay. Ended up next door at Firehouse Subs.

Crap! Good Plan B, however. I love Firehouse Sub's!

x12

pooflady

I love high heels. Used to wear them all the time. If I tried to now I'd fall on my nose.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:I love high heels. Used to wear them all the time. If I tried to now I'd fall on my nose.

Me too.

The fall on my nose part.