Back to Amazon.com

pooflady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:we had a few days in the 50's last week. snow overnight tonight, maybe 3-5 inches. then temps will hit 60 on Tue and Wed. I hope this is the last of the snow.

We're supposed to hit 70 Thursday. Unbelievable in February. it worries me thinking that the summer temps may be well above normal. I don't like hot either.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
pooflady wrote:We're supposed to hit 70 Thursday. Unbelievable in February. it worries me thinking that the summer temps may be well above normal. I don't like hot either.

That's what I've always liked about Ohio. The weather is in tolerable ranges with a few odd days here and there. Not so much anymore.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:That's what I've always liked about Ohio. The weather is in tolerable ranges with a few odd days here and there. Not so much anymore.

And not super expensive like southern California. I agree.

mbspell

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
pooflady wrote:We're supposed to hit 70 Thursday. Unbelievable in February. it worries me thinking that the summer temps may be well above normal. I don't like hot either.

I didn't like heat when I was younger, but I like it better now. not like, Louisiana bayou heat, but still.

pooflady

Good heavens! 73 degrees and windows open in February!!!

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Good heavens! 73 degrees and windows open in February!!!

I know!

Crazy!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada

Howdy y'all. Just a little update, the babies are doing fine and growing quickly. And getting even cuter.

Reese

Will

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

Cute and Hunk are darling. You're going to have such a good time when you visit.

mbspell

we had temps over 70 the last 2 days. broke records!

and tomorrow, 30's with rain/sleet/snow. ugh.

but I will take any warm Feb days I can get. was so nice to open the windows and air the place out.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:we had temps over 70 the last 2 days. broke records!

and tomorrow, 30's with rain/sleet/snow. ugh.

but I will take any warm Feb days I can get. was so nice to open the windows and air the place out.

Agree, one day at 70 is one less day at 30.

moles1138

Everything is getting back to normal here. Everyday is better than the last.
I went back to work on Monday. 6 days after surgery. I lasted 5 hours. Had Oogie come get me (since she took me) and I laid down to rest...for 3 hours. Nice nap. I didn't drive myself until Thursday. I had enough strength back in my leg that I had no problem with the clutch. And finally on Friday the steri-strips came off in the shower. Now I can get the wound properly cleaned and covered. Finally able to take the stairs without needing to pull myself up with the handrail. Yay.
It's getting better all the time.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Everything is getting back to normal here. Everyday is better than the last.
I went back to work on Monday. 6 days after surgery. I lasted 5 hours. Had Oogie come get me (since she took me) and I laid down to rest...for 3 hours. Nice nap. I didn't drive myself until Thursday. I had enough strength back in my leg that I had no problem with the clutch. And finally on Friday the steri-strips came off in the shower. Now I can get the wound properly cleaned and covered. Finally able to take the stairs without needing to pull myself up with the handrail. Yay.
It's getting better all the time.

That's great. I assume your back's a lot better? Pain free?

moles1138

pooflady wrote:That's great. I assume your back's a lot better? Pain free?

Not bad. Wound is still healing so there is residual pain. The surgery is more to relieve the sciatica and it did that. He said i might have a back pain flare about every six months and that is normal in everyone.

pooflady

Woo-hoo! Checkbook balanced on the first try. Happy, happy.

edlada

A little update. Two more months and then I get to see them in person.

pooflady

edlada wrote:A little update. Two more months and then I get to see them in person.

Awwwww.

So what are you doing to pass the time?

pooflady

It boggles my mind that Dolly Parton has given away 100 million books to kids around the world. Way to go, Dolly!

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:It boggles my mind that Dolly Parton has given away 100 million books to kids around the world. Way to go, Dolly!

I know! Isn't she AWESOME? I just love her, and I cannot believe she is 72 years old!

x12

mbspell

Ed, those babies are just too cute! you must be counting the days to visit them.

mbspell

getting a nor'easter here this weekend. luckily (??) it will be high winds and heavy rain and not wet snow.

I am thrilled with all the Feb warmth we had, after the deep freeze we had earlier this winter. I hope March is mild, too.

pooflady

jqubed? Will you do the brackets?

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:jqubed? Will you do the brackets?

Oh, yeah.....it is about that time, isn't it? I predict I shall lose BIG this year!

x12

pooflady

Saw Death Wish today. Lots of blood. More than the Die Hards.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Saw Death Wish today. Lots of blood. More than the Die Hards.

heard it was pretty terrible, but husband kinda wanted to see it. would you recommend it?

pooflady

mbspell wrote:heard it was pretty terrible, but husband kinda wanted to see it. would you recommend it?

If you like action/adventure. Maybe a little bloodier than the Die Hards, but on the same scale.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:If you like action/adventure. Maybe a little bloodier than the Die Hards, but on the same scale.

thanks.

now if we'd stop getting a nor'easter every 5 days maybe we'd have a chance to get to a movie!

hot72chev

Hey PWAs!

Anybody organizing Basketball Brackets this year?

x12

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Hey everybody, it looks like FrostByte was able to keep the brackets going. I've been so busy adjusting to newlywed life (I got married, btw, I guess no one knew about that, really) that I haven't had time to look at any of this. I hope everyone's doing well!

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:Hey everybody, it looks like FrostByte was able to keep the brackets going. I've been so busy adjusting to newlywed life (I got married, btw, I guess no one knew about that, really) that I haven't had time to look at any of this. I hope everyone's doing well!

Congratulations! Stop in every once in a while and keep us updated.

Wooter176720616

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter176720616

Oh Woot, you big galoot
I know you want to save me loot. 💲
You don't need claws or eye of newt
Only sales and a glass of Brut. 🍷

moles1138

So I missed all the player intros on Tuesday's Jeopardy! Apparently Twitter "went wild" that Paris was none other than Paris Themmin aka Mike TeeVee from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I did not recognize him, but would have known that name immediately. I met him more than 20 years ago at a comic book convention. Nice guy. Not many people were at his table.

Now where did I put that Golden Ticket?

pooflady

Interesting. Husband got a DPT shot. Cost - $70. Medicare denied it, thus our supplemental couldn't pay it. But one of them did pay the $45 to have it administered.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Interesting. Husband got a DPT shot. Cost - $70. Medicare denied it, thus our supplemental couldn't pay it. But one of them did pay the $45 to have it administered.

What? I would say "You've got to be kidding", but I know better.

I had to do the insurance dance last year when I wanted one. They would not pay for it if I got it at the pharmacy, but had to get it from my primary care physician. There it was covered 100%,

Why do they make it so hard for us to TRY to take good care of ourselves and be pro active about our health?

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:What? I would say "You've got to be kidding", but I know better.

I had to do the insurance dance last year when I wanted one. They would not pay for it if I got it at the pharmacy, but had to get it from my primary care physician. There it was covered 100%,

Why do they make it so hard for us to TRY to take good care of ourselves and be pro active about our health?

This was at the doctor's office. Just weird.

pooflady

Waiting for more pictures of the twins.

edlada

For those of you clamoring for more pictures of my grandkids (you know who you are), please forgive me for not posting sooner. Here is a teaser and I uploaded more here: https://edlada.imgur.com

mbspell

so adorable!!!!

but the imgur link goes to your Nurnburg album

edlada

The album 'Babies' should show up on Imgur now.

mbspell

edlada wrote:The album 'Babies' should show up on Imgur now.

yes! thanks, they really are cute! I bet you can't wait to visit

pooflady

Now I see them. Really cute, Ed.