Staff

Poll: What's your ideal 8 hour workday?
  • 0% - 9AM to 5PM 0
  • 0% - 8AM to 4PM 0
  • 0% - 7AM to 3PM 0
  • 0% - 10AM to 6PM 0
  • 0% - A different 8 hour workday I'll tell you about in the comments. 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

Zero.
Retired.

Ah, the hell with it.

roycee

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roycee

Worked 6A to 2P for years.

Hated it at first, but after I got used to the 6A part I loved it.

toolnife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toolnife

A real 8 hour work day is 8.5 or 9 hours long because you don't get paid for lunch, so none of the choices are accurate.

runner188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runner188

4 or 5 am to noon or 1 respectively.

woodcall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woodcall

When I worked at the shipyard, I liked the swing shift, 3 to midnight. There were fewer people around and you could get stuff done.

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
toolnife wrote:A real 8 hour work day is 8.5 or 9 hours long because you don't get paid for lunch, so none of the choices are accurate.

If you work a hotel front desk you usually work 8 hrs including a half hour lunch. 7-3, 3-11 and 11-7 are the norms. I speak from too much experience, all in the past.

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed
roycee wrote:Worked 6A to 2P for years.

Hated it at first, but after I got used to the 6A part I loved it.

This is my day now and I really like it, I get home when its still light out in winter, and have more daylight hours to do stuff after work overall. Also there is the added bonus of being able to get to places where 9 to 5 suckers work while they are still open.

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed
woodcall wrote:When I worked at the shipyard, I liked the swing shift, 3 to midnight. There were fewer people around and you could get stuff done.

Did you sweep ashes?

I know you probably heard that a thousand times but could not resist, sorry.

psctink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psctink

4am to noon. Love this shift and I have the afternoon to get stuff done.

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes

I've worked 3-11pm, 11p-7a, and 7a-3p for over 23 years.
Currently I work 8a-4:30p, but that is a 7.5 hour day because it includes a 1 hour lunch.

I would love 10a-6p because I could wake up after the sun came up. I hate to wake up early--I am NOT a morning person.

giordana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giordana

6:00 pm to 2:30 am. I'm a night owl. I worked 4 pm to 11 pm for 10 years, and liked it.

AWildWeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AWildWeed

11 p.m. to 7 a.m. is my favorite, but I really like my schedule now - 4 9's and a 4... love, love those 1/2 day Fridays!

dijohn2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dijohn2009
ardubu wrote:Zero.
Retired.

Retired been retired, love the hours.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 110 Private Messages charliecarroll
ardubu wrote:Zero.
Retired.

AGREED! That's what I'm talking about! HA, ha, ha, ha, ha!

technomouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages technomouse

midnight to 8am

PeasAreNasty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PeasAreNasty
toolnife wrote:A real 8 hour work day is 8.5 or 9 hours long because you don't get paid for lunch, so none of the choices are accurate.

I came here to say just this with the prelude of "Unless we are all executives..."

kcphil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcphil

My day goes from 4a-2p... more than 8hrs/day but it's what I do.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

My "8-hour work day" goes from 6 AM to 4:30 PM, normally. Right now, it's 1:30 PM to 12:30 AM.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

PReed4962

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PReed4962

Exactly!

PReed4962

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PReed4962
AWildWeed wrote:11 p.m. to 7 a.m. is my favorite, but I really like my schedule now - 4 9's and a 4... love, love those 1/2 day Fridays!

Me too!

GodfreyAinooson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfreyAinooson

I'd prefer a 10 pm to 4 am workday. I'm a night owl, and I'm much more productive in the dark

intrepid01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01

10AM to 11PM straight salary paid for defined "8 hour" day. Isn't "exempt" a wonderful exploit? Was On Call after hours for 25 years 7 days a week, 365 too then CEO said maybe I should share that.