quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What do you think about birds?
  • 38% - They're alright 282
  • 8.1% - No thanks 60
  • 11.7% - I am a bird 87
  • 42.2% - Birds would eat us if they were big enough 313
742 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Roxenka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Roxenka

Most are alright, except the ones that peck at my plums before they're ripe!

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I love them. A murder if crows have taken up residence in my yard. My cat wants them, they are big. I do not think she has a chance. I do enjoy the sounds of birds all around.

photobobk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages photobobk

Birds are cool. I enjoy watching them and just having them in my yard. Have a Robin that lives here that seems to recognize me and allows me to share her yard. When I come outside and the other birds leave, she just continues to hunt. If I walk toward her, she simply hops out of my way, completely comfortable having me around. A little more skittish when she is feeding a chick following her around, but still...

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158

Birds are great. I love hearing them when I walk out to get my paper in the morning. Of course when they sit on the mirrors on the car and poop all down the side, looking at you cardinals, I want to kill them all.
We have a hawk that hangs around our place. Now he is cool.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

I love birds, they are so tasty!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Some are OK.
The crows & ravens are a pain in the butt.
The peacocks some idiot let loose screams from morning until dark & poop on my roof.
The little goldfinches fly everywhere and are fun to watch.
Also nice are the swallows, hawks, bald eagles and the robins (unless they are eating my blue & strawberries).

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Bird. Bird. Bird is the Word.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

Birds are ok until they find my car right after I have washed and waxed it.

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
daveinwarshington wrote:Some are OK.
The crows & ravens are a pain in the butt.
The peacocks some idiot let loose screams from morning until dark & poop on my roof.
The little goldfinches fly everywhere and are fun to watch.
Also nice are the swallows, hawks, bald eagles and the robins (unless they are eating my blue & strawberries).

Goldfinches are gorgeous little birds. Have charms of them around our place. In the fall they hang on the stems of the coneflowers and rudbeckia. Go nuts on the seeds.

AWildWeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AWildWeed

Sigh. 'Alright' is not a word, Woot.

snarkyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

Birds in my yard seem to aim for our cars.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AWildWeed wrote:Sigh. 'Alright' is not a word, Woot.

Alrighty. I'll pass it on.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain
AWildWeed wrote:Sigh. 'Alright' is not a word, Woot.

So, why has OED not inducted 'alright' into the lexicon? It is sometimes regarded as a non-standard contraction of "all right," but it has evolved a different meaning. We should start campaigning for its inclusion!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

Believe it or not-
The human ear is tuned to bird song.
They are the early warning network of wildlife.

Ah, the hell with it.

intrepid01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01

Crows mark my car - driver's side windshield. Precision aim for center of view. I couldn't do it: fly...aim and shart.