Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you ever use cheat codes on video games?
  • 0% - What am I, 12? 0
  • 0% - Sure- I'm no angel. 0
  • 0% - Never! I live by a code. 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

Nah, not since up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

intrepid01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01

For an old DOS single player game, I remember comparing binaries of robot warriors side by side, copying and pasting bits in a robot profile edit, and thereby getting the toughest AI robot for my use.

It was my "Kobayashi Maru" moment. Does that count?

riconsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riconsd

Did Tail gunner have any?

PocketBrain

riconsd wrote:Did Tail gunner have any?

You and I are the only people here who remember that particular game.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
PocketBrain wrote:You and I are the only people here who remember that particular game.

The one at our arcade had a broken joystick. It never sprung back to center. Sure was difficult.
It was my favorite game.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

I really don't play video games anymore. Been a long time. C64 and Atari 2600 days. Got a wii. Don't even have that connected any longer.

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

No cheat codes.

When really stuck for a day or two, I'll resort to a "walkthrough" for help to get around a rough patch.

Otherwise, I enjoy the challenge!

Ah, the hell with it.

PocketBrain

Since the thread is still up, some more old-timey favorites:
* Ripoff
* Star Castle
* Make Trax
* Wizards of Wor

davidbowser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidbowser

Cheat codes are for replays only.

Play the game all the way to win the right way, then when I just want to give a good hard beatdown during a 30 min break, I will sometimes use the codes.

deathinkansas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deathinkansas

I don't think many "modern" games have cheat codes programmed into them anymore...I think the last game that has those are the GTA series, and those are just for fun. Using them turns off achievements and none are allowed in online play.

RebelTaz

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RebelTaz

I don't use cheat codes, but every once in a while, if I am REALLY stuck in a game (any game meaning LoZ) then I MIGHT go to my library and grab a game guide, but that is ONLY after I have spent weeks on a trouble and cannot figure it out. I like the challenge of figuring things out on my own. If I'm going to cheat, I might as well not even bother to play in the first place!

x50x2x2
... ...
--------------------------------
Until Woot Gets a "Notify" Option For New Forum Replies, You Might As Well Just Message Me!

rjquillin

quality posts: 296 Private Messages rjquillin

Time for a game?!
I know not of what you speak.

CT

krychek67

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krychek67

Seems like looking for cheat codes is a good way of getting a virus.