WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you have car insurance?
  • 0% - Yes, of course 0
  • 0% - Nope, I don't have a car 0
  • 0% - I have a car, but I don't have insurance 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

To those 3% with cars and no insurance, everybody else thanks you for the extra $50 a month we have to pay to insure you.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

photobobk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages photobobk
PocketBrain wrote:To those 3% with cars and no insurance, everybody else thanks you for the extra $50 a month we have to pay to insure you.

This.

And even though my State requires it to obtain a driver's license and/or to register a car...

HomerTime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HomerTime

It is statistically mind-boggling that less than 2% of the respondents in this survey do not have car insurance, but in each of the three accidents I have been in involved in over the past 25 years, the other driver did not have insurance (in all three the other driver was at fault)

One might think that not having insurance would make someone more careful, but I would venture to say that, statistically, there is a stronger correlation between no insurance and bad driving (the common trait being irresponsibility).

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70
PocketBrain wrote:To those 3% with cars and no insurance, everybody else thanks you for the extra $50 a month we have to pay to insure you.

+++100
I had a work truck hit me. Not only did the truck not have insurance, but the driver didn't have a valid license. His license was revoked for drunken driving. He then blows a .07 right below the legal limit. So he didn't get a DUI on top of having to pay for my car. Yeah. My insurance sued his company and got me the $4500 for my car.

ShooterRetired

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShooterRetired

You nailed it! It is a matter of personal responsibility. After 35 years in the insurance business, we saw the the uninsured driver was also irresponsible in other factor in his life, i.e. credit, housing and family. Good call.

HomerTime wrote:It is statistically mind-boggling that less than 2% of the respondents in this survey do not have car insurance, but in each of the three accidents I have been in involved in over the past 25 years, the other driver did not have insurance (in all three the other driver was at fault)

One might think that not having insurance would make someone more careful, but I would venture to say that, statistically, there is a stronger correlation between no insurance and bad driving (the common trait being irresponsibility).

intrepid01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01

Just curious but can some here explain why there is uniform demand that drivers be insured but not the same regarding health insurance? Good health is not guaranteed as written into our genes and as this thread shows, accidents not of our making can occur. Life happens...