Order Pace (rank):
Top 27% of Computers Woots
Bottom 49% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Computers Woots
Top 10% of all Woots

cptjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cptjames

"Features" tab says "Warranty: 1 Year Joy Systems"; clicking "Joy Systems" link displays page "Joy Systems Return and Exchange Policies" which says "Joy Systems, Inc. will provide 90 days of warranty support...". So, which is it?

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

cptjames wrote:"Features" tab says "Warranty: 1 Year Joy Systems"; clicking "Joy Systems" link displays page "Joy Systems Return and Exchange Policies" which says "Joy Systems, Inc. will provide 90 days of warranty support...". So, which is it?

Thanks for the question. It is a one-year Joy Systems warranty for Woot customers when you purchase this. We will work with Joy Systems to update their website. Thank you!

adomengeaux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adomengeaux

Quick delivery and great service! Everything looks and works like new!

Abraxus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Abraxus

I don't see specs on the power supply - how many watts? I'd want to put a new graphics card in.

merlinsghost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlinsghost
Abraxus wrote:I don't see specs on the power supply - how many watts? I'd want to put a new graphics card in.

Power supply is a non-standard 320W. +/-12V only is supplied from the power supply to the motherboard no other power comes from the power supply, the 5V/3.3V is generated on the motherboard. The motherboard supplies power to the SATA drives. No power cables for graphics cards. To use a graphics card requiring external power you would need an adapter to convert SATA power to molex.

Works great with a GTX 750Ti, and I have read will work with a GTX 1050Ti.

To replace with a standard ATX power supply requires making or finding an adapter.

According to Corsair memory website, can be expanded to 32GB RAM w/4 8GB sticks.

further info: according to my power supply; main +12v rail supplies 16A max, and +12v for CPU supplies 16A max, combined max is only 320W though, not 384W, and that 16A supplies motherboard power and all devices including the 5v/3.3v and USB power. -12v is only 0.15A and there is a +12v 1.3A standby power.

dlikhten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlikhten

The GPU location is actually very space limited. Adding an external graphics card requires a compact sized graphics card.

matthewgk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewgk1
adomengeaux wrote:Quick delivery and great service! Everything looks and works like new!

Does it really look new?

wootwhacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootwhacker

Woot is a scam. They're saying the stuff they sell is refurbished when it actually looks and works brand-new. Bought a used iPhone at Woot and it looks like it's never been touched. This HP computer, same thing, it's the steal of the century. The whole thing only costs a few dollars more than a legit copy of WIN10PRO and the company who did the refurb work and warranty it for a year ... wow!

wootwhacker

matthewgk1 wrote:Does it really look new?

Yes matthewgk1, mine arrived looking like its never been used. You just can't buy a new computer these days with the amount of expandability this thing has. Best $206 I've spent in a long time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootwhacker wrote:Woot is a scam. They're saying the stuff they sell is refurbished when it actually looks and works brand-new. Bought a used iPhone at Woot and it looks like it's never been touched. This HP computer, same thing, it's the steal of the century. The whole thing only costs a few dollars more than a legit copy of WIN10PRO and the company who did the refurb work and warranty it for a year ... wow!

And that's a scam?

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

wootwhacker

ThunderThighs wrote:And that's a scam?

Read my WHOLE post Thunder - I was obviously being sarcastic - that’s the way we wooters are 😝 The rest of my post will explain it all to you. Cheers.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootwhacker wrote:Read my WHOLE post Thunder - I was obviously being sarcastic - that’s the way we wooters are 😝 The rest of my post will explain it all to you. Cheers.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

jaharr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaharr

This thing arrived quicker than expected and looks brand new! Works like a charm, and includes a full Windows license. Highly recommend!

Blackash206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blackash206

The only thing that lead me to the fact that this is a refurb is the box it was shipped in. I added a wireless network adapter and a Radeon RX550, work great for now. Once I add a different graphics card it'll be VR ready!

Abraxus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Abraxus

I ended up buying this despite information that the power supply is non-standard. I'm very happy with the purchase. I ended up getting an adapter to swap out the provided power supply with a beefier one that I had on hand, and I upgraded the graphics card to a small form GeForce 1060Ti. A full sized GPU will not fit in this mobo layout.

Above being said, I'm very happy with the way the rest of the PC came out of the box. The RAM is sufficient for my needs, the OS runs well - first experience with Windows 10.

All in all, I would buy this again.