WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you allergic to cats?
  • 0% - Nope. 0
  • 0% - Yes, a little 0
  • 0% - Yes, a lot 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

teddward20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teddward20

I was VERY allergic when I was growing up... If I went to a friends house that had cats my eyes and nose would get red and crazy itchy... It made me nuts because I loved cats! That wasn’t the worst of it though... My throat would actually itch terribly and there aren’t a whole lot of ways to itch it. I would actually use the back of my tounge and it would make this funny noise.... So weird! My story doesn’t end there... My parents finally sent me to an allergist who put me on shots to address the things I was most allergic to, cat hair being one of them. I did 2 1/2 years of allergy shots and it really made a big difference. Of course, I couldn’t rub my face on a cat without consequence but the annoying itchy symptoms had all gone away.... Amazing!! AND... I’ve been a happy cat owner ever since!!

netprophet1976

quality posts: 2 Private Messages netprophet1976

I hope not, she likes to sleep on my face. Her neck smells like chai.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

No, thank goodness. Hattie wouldn't stand for the sneezing, and then who would she snuggle with?

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I am very thankful I do not have any allergies, especially for pets.

myimzadi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myimzadi

I'd better not be allergic to cats!!
I run my own cat rescue/foster!
5 years, 22 cats and kittens got great new homes!

mainmchc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mainmchc

I wasn't allergic till after I came home from Iraq. (Horrendous Bloody noses, cauterized, then surgery= Cats now swell my face closed.)

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

No. but oddly enough, after some extensive foriegn travel - I'm allergic to birds and reptiles!
In a former life, I must have been allergic to dinosaurs! RUN!

Ah, the hell with it.