Woots Sold (rank):
Top 41% of Computers Woots
Bottom 43% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

DELL Optiplex 5050 i7 256GB MT Desktop
Price: $699.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 Business Days. (Thursday, Apr 19 to Tuesday, Apr 24) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

davevpi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davevpi

Not really a great deal ... http://outlet.dell.com regularly has comparable or better deals.

There was a Precision on Woot a couple of weeks ago that was an amazing deal ... this one is not so much of a deal ...

BobSetzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobSetzer
davevpi wrote:Not really a great deal ... http://outlet.dell.com regularly has comparable or better deals.

There was a Precision on Woot a couple of weeks ago that was an amazing deal ... this one is not so much of a deal ...

... Not to mention almost no opportunity to upgrade, with a 180W PS and minimal expansion slots.

Ed3rd

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Ed3rd
davevpi wrote:Not really a great deal ... http://outlet.dell.com regularly has comparable or better deals.

Or Dell Financial Services. Outlet is usually customer returns whereas DFS refurbs are usually off lease and consignment return systems.

As always, check Retailmenot (DFS)(Outlet) before buying.

digitaleagle

quality posts: 9 Private Messages digitaleagle

Can't believe HP only puts a 180 watt power supply in these things. That's going to be the first thing that goes.

poser55

quality posts: 6 Private Messages poser55

In my humble opinion, this processor is way out of place in a box with a 180 watt power supply and a single small SSHD. It is way more processing power than a simple office machine needs.

dgingerich

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dgingerich

I second that you can find similar deals on the Dell Outlet. Plus, the Optiplex's on the outlet site come with the full Dell 3 year warranty instead of the 1 year warranty here.

dinkledort

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dinkledort

Yes, there's not much to this system but the processor and the SSD. So seems like it should be a hundred or two cheaper. To make this into a decent machine it will a take power supply, video card, decent size conventional hard drive, at least another 8gb RAM. That's round about $300 total.

I wouldn't mind getting this to upgrade, but not at that price.

photobobk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages photobobk
poser55 wrote:In my humble opinion, this processor is way out of place in a box with a 180 watt power supply and a single small SSHD. It is way more processing power than a simple office machine needs.

I think that's the first time I've seen anyone lament about too much processor power.

Refreshing!

BobSetzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobSetzer

In my opinion, the real problem is lack of expansion slots: 1 pcie16, and 1 Pcie1 ... Nowhere to go from there ...

yufool

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yufool

I miss the days when a solid desktop could be had for $300 from Dell (NEW)