SAINSMART filament is 100% TPU. TPU is essentially polyurethane, it belongs to the TPE class of thermoplastics. Recommended for printing objects, which will be impacted more than normal ones.
Specially formulated plastic with increased amount of flexibility, with rigid structure. Recommended for printing objects, which will be impacted more than normal ones.. Approximately 250 grams, feet of filament on a spool with a case so it's not flopping all over the place. Splash Spools store easily in a desk drawer, stacked space or even hang on a wall. Be sure you are ordering the correct diameter for your printer.
- This product is only available in 1.75mm.
- Flexible Filament does not feed well on all 3D printers. Please check your printer specifications before ordering. Only available in 1.75mm diameter.
- It's better to work on direct drive extruders. Please print slowly and read the below tips if you are bowden.
Recommended for printers with direct drive extruder, 0.4~0.8mm Nozzles.
With bowden extruder you might pay more attention to these tips:
- Print slow 15-30 mm/s Printing speed
- First layer settings. (Height 100% Width 150% speed 50% e.g.)
- Retraction disabled. This would reduce messy, stringing or oozing printing result.
- Increase Multiplier(Optional). set to 1.1 would help the filament bond well. - Cooling fan on after first layer.
If you are having problems printing with soft filaments, firstly, and most importantly, slow the print down, run at 20mm/s will work perfectly.
It is important when loading the filament to allow it to only just start extruding. Once you see the filament coming out the nozzle hit stop. The load feature pushes filament through quicker than a normal print and this can cause it to get caught in the extruder gear.
Also feed the filament direct to the extruder, not through the feeder tube. This reduces the drag on the filament which can cause the gear to slip on the filament.
Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is not available for this item. A physical address is required for delivery. No Military or PO Box shipments available.
Warranty: 1 Year Sain Smart Warranty